Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How are you feeling?

Today is another usual encounter that I have with people. I had glimpse of thoughts here and there. What caught my attention today was, when I asked this question "How do you feel now?" The usual answers would be :
  • I don't know
  • Feelings?! (Like a strange word)
  • What do you mean?
  • I don't have any feelings...
  • Ok
  • I feel .....
  • Silent ....
My thought ... How could that happen? How could we have the hesitation to feel. Aren't we suppose to have feelings/ emotions, to feel... Have we lost it? Feeling is like a censor or a guide to us, becoming human. That is part of our emotional intelligence (EQ) (I think...). Some of us take sometimes to find words to describe feeling. I googled the list of word for feeling and I found that it's more than 150 words that could describe different feelings or experience that could express our emotions.
So how come we say that we have no feelings? Is it that we are afraid to feel? Have we numb ourselves? Or are we too busy to feel so we just let the feelings disappear ...  
When we come to the world, we are full of emotions and feelings even when we do not understand a word, we know how to express our emotions. Are we zombifying ourselves now in life? At what price?
How are you feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment