Monday, May 26, 2014

If you have 100 days to live...

In my daily life, I asked this question to people that I met. If you have 100 days to live, what would you do? How is your life going to be different? Many were stunned. Some of them said that they never think about that. It took them sometime to think about it, the common answer would be travelling and spending time with their loved ones.
Last week I asked the same question to a guy and he had tears in his eyes. I asked why? He said that he has a brain tumor and his days are numbered. He said, he cannot see it beyond today as he is taking one day at a time. My heart stopped for a while, never occurred to me that I would be in the situation that I asked a person who has limited time to live.
My thought... have I ever thought about my days are exactly like him? The difference between me and him, he gets the news so much faster than me. I do not know when and how. And because of that, I may take my life for granted, thinking there will always be tomorrow... Have I spent time with the one that I love, do the things that I want so that I do not have the conversation of "What if ..., I should have done that ... and I would want to do this ..." What drives me doing things that I do everyday? Is my life right now become so mundane and automatic and I am going with the flow. Am I zombified in this world now? ...

If you have 100 days to live, what would you do...?


No comments:

Post a Comment